Thursday, January 31, 2008

One mans trash is another mans treasure


Okay, our neighbors down the street from us moved out on Tuesday. His car was in the back of the moving truck and by that afternoon they were out of there. On my way home from mutual at 8:45 p.m. I noticed this tv in their driveway near the gutter covered in water from the sprinklers. I stopped my car to take a look, it looked nice and big, so I give Cory a call and within 5 min. we're hauling this bad boy away in the back of our car. It felt a little like the movie, Fun with Dick and Jane. So now we have this baby in our room, cable hooked up and we are stoked. We've been wanting a tv in our room for sometime but can't justify it, so.... Cory in all his excitement tells me, "honey, you've won a state championship, made some clutch putts in your career, given birth to our daughter, but this is the most clutch thing you have ever done." What a man! All I can say is, "One mans trash is another mans treasure."
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

AOlson said...

Super fun story. What a find! What are your favorite shows these days?

The Roberts Family said...

Dang Writers strike! I'm searching for new shows. Ugly Betty is still new and it is hilarious, the characters are so over the top it makes me laugh. So that is on Thurs. Last night I watched the premier of Eli Stone and so far it's a keeper. I got off Prison Break, too much to handle. Oh and Friday Night Lights all though the last few episodes have been so so... how about you?

AOlson said...

We like Friday Night Lights, too. But, we've only seen it three times. Mostly we watch games. I really enjoyed the Australian Open.

Carrie, I'm tagging you, so go to my blog to check out the questions.

Baxter's said...

Seriously...people just throw away TV's? Have they ever heard of the beautiful thing called Craigslist? And, might I add, you didn't mention it in your story. Are you sure that they were throwing it out, or were they just washing it off with the sprinklers? Another man's TV, is another man's stolen property if you ask me. :-)

Anonymous said...

FNL is the best show on TV and there is Idol now yeah! I am so glad you're bloggin!

Topsy said...

Love it. That is totally something we would do. In fact, my laptop, my web cam, my kids laptop, and some of our furniture is from the so called trash. yeah.